READ
THEFACTSHERE
Facts 'bout life.
Profile

Hi, my name is Sebastian, Lingfeng.
Just guess; I'm simple.
Visit my blog please :)

Tagbox


BlogEntries
» Wednesday, April 20, 2011 / -12:07 AM
Commitment.

It's been long since I updated something. Can't say I am not inspired even once, blogger is just.. complicated.

Well I have been reading and I came across a book called SWAY by Ori and Rom Brafman. Have you readers ever realised that we humans are all swayed by commitment. Most of the times, commitment are used on workers towards their work and students towards assignments. There are more examples other than from those range of people.

So where can we see commitments? Relationships are where most people get swayed by commitments. You noticed how people get into bad relationships, and did not break up? That's one of them. I came over one case few days ago. I seen him post Plurk status a few times about how his girlfriend is ignoring him, how she give him those cold-war-kinda-replies, he was and still might be sad. Many boy, guys, men would say: "fix it or break up." and the reason why he didn't because he said he took a long time to get her. He put in a lot of commitment and did not want to let his commitment go to waste although it seem to be hopeless. There are still more examples like this, so etc. etc. etc. etc.

Have you ever had a toy that you played when you're a kindergarten kid and it's still in your room when you're high school going on college? or maybe even when you're IN college. That's another kind of commitment. The commitment comes when you start thinking, "Hey, I played this, let me keep this as a memory." Then it starts sitting in your bed, to the corner of the room. When you see it, you'll think, "Oh my toy, now where's my computer." Throwing it away never cross your mind, but your toy just sits there collecting dust and is just plain trash. You want to keep it but you don't need it. That's part me, but it all goes away quite easily for me, and I have a new bookshelf!

For me, knowing this not only helped me give up things that I don't need more easily, but also let me understand what are the factors that will influence us on our decisions. The book is not bad. Not thick. Definitely a good book to get.

-Sebastian

▲ Back to top


Nuffnang


Facebook

Sebastian Ong


Recents

  • What it says.
  • Santa claus
  • Friends
  • Negative pawns positive.
  • Why afraid of Death?
  • Hyprocrites
  • Nerds
  • Relationship Part 4: Ugly Truth
  • Unfairness of Life
  • Relationship Part 3


  • Rights Reserved © LingFeng