READ
THEFACTSHERE
Facts 'bout life.
Profile

Hi, my name is Sebastian, Lingfeng.
Just guess; I'm simple.
Visit my blog please :)

Tagbox


BlogEntries
» Monday, April 26, 2010 / -12:17 AM
Criticising them, or yourself?

First of all, no more chapter 3 or anything. I find that quite annoying to me, since if I do that, I would have to be constantly checking part what or chapter or topic what.

Criticising, a simple few letters but such a big, harsh, powerful word. Criticising is what most of the people would do in their everyday life. From how players play to how people should wear, everyone have their own opinion even though not everyone agrees to them.

The reason I came back to write this post is because I've encountered this criticising debate that I thought that this is another of the facts of life.

A friend of mine posted a video about a HongKong girl critcising or more like pointing out the mistakes of the teachers there in HongKong. She criticises on all of the simple and not so important mistakes of pronunciation of the teachers. Sheets has to be pronounce longer if not it'll sound like shit; diuling rather than during; or sit up our bag rather than zip up your bag. Read it out and it might sound the same.

So, at first everyone is criticising about her. Now it's our turn. I personally said that her pronunciation is not that bad, why would she want to point our mistakes that weren't so important after all! Some said about how unashamed she is of herself to be criticising on others. Some correcting her grammars and some said that she should correct herself first rather than going for others. I would say I agree with them from the start.

Then there came another friend of mine, who really made a strong point and did surely zap me back to reality. He said two things that is quite true if you think about it. First, although she was making that video in a somewhat broken and/or wrong pronunciation, she was actually good speaking straight into the videolog without a script. Everything was done in a whim of thought, and her English is not bad for a HongKong resident.

Second, we don't have to be good in something to criticise on others. One good example he gave: crowds shouts vulgar and cries disappointment when a top player misses a goal. He made a point strong with a very simple and common example. I really would salute to that as he did make a considerable thought of the big picture when what most of us did was just focusing on what is in front of us.

I wouldn't say that it is bad to criticise, when some of us needs to get one before getting back into reality, but it is to say when it's the right time and not every time. It'll be hard for me to stop now, but I'll live with that.

Credits:
YingQi
WanChen

-Sebastian

▲ Back to top


Nuffnang


Facebook

Sebastian Ong


Recents

  • Cut in
  • Chapter 2: Relationship Part 2
  • Chapter 1: Relationships.
  • Prologue


  • Rights Reserved © LingFeng